Saturday, May 9, 2009

Discussions on Friday

I have a discussion section for a class on Friday afternoon. Although in the real world it seems that having a class on a Friday afternoon would be normal, in college it is ridiculous to think that any student would attend.

It's not the party on Thursday night that makes it hard to got to class on Friday. It's the fact that we've been working our butts off all week and by Friday students are spent. Have a lecture on Friday morning, that's fine, but in discussions you have to actually participate and have energy. It would be one thing if we had the option to have it on Friday or another day-like most classes, but for this class the only diso sections offered are on Friday!

Example: I helped my mom move my Grandma into the nursing home. I went home three weekends in a row- so I missed 3 sections in a row. What am I supposed to do?

Don't force us to have section on Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment